Saturday, February 12, 2011

Why can't Canada have theirs?

I have heard the argument that womens hockey should be removed from the Olympics.  This is based on the that Canada wins the gold too much, that the top 2 are automatically Canada and the U.S.
I would have to differ.  I love that Canada wins gold, it makes me so happy.  I like double gold even more.  Okay so why I think we should keep it, They  haven't removed cross country skiing even though the Norwegians always win it.  Speed skating is still around, even though Dutch win a lot, really they do, it's kind of crazy.  Running is still around, even though the Jamaicans have it in the bag.  So if all the other countries have their specialties, why can't Canada have theirs?
I might have to do with the 18-0 wins of the womens team,  it is a little one sided.  But Canada is hands down the best in that situation.  Are the other countries..such as Italy really going in they can win gold?  No.
I guess I'm just a proud Canadian that loves to see Canada at the top of it's game, winning like crazy.  That may be a touch heartless.

5 comments: