Monday, February 14, 2011

Grammy's 2011

The Grammy's were AMAZING this year.  I was blown away.  Except for 2 performances they were crazy.
The winners mostly sucked, but they almost always do.  Mumford and Sons, The Avett Brothers and Bob Dillon, ahhh.  Epic.  I was like this can't get better, then Bob Dillon started playing the harmonica.  It was from that moment better.
There were 2 freaks, that was nice.  Seth Rogan insulted a bunch of preteen girls.  Good job.  I laughed at that.  More than I should have.
Someone decided that it was okay for John Mayer to start looking like Johnny Depp from The Tourist. I'd like to meet this person, ask them why.
For some reason some Muppet like creatures were there.  I don't get it.
Muse was great, seriously.  I've only heard one of their songs before.  I was pleasantly surprised.  They had a big stack of digital TV's that fell down, that was so cool.  They censored them, CBS doesn't like anarchy.
Arcade Fire won, after rocking out.  Yay Montreal.  I didn't know they were so good.
I learned CBS doesn't know how to censor.   A rapper would swear (as they do quiet often, it's  kind of common ground now.  Has been for about the last 30 years of rap music), so then they would bleep the next 10 seconds.  Thus causing big empty gaps, not working.  Also the thing with Eminem is that you can't tell when he swears, not really.  So I still don't get why they did this.  I noticed that his lyrics were a margin cleaner, so he tried.
Jayden Smith just popped out of the stage, like a toaster.  Then Will Smith was shown saying  "That's my baby"  I almost cried then.
B.O.B. and Bruno Mars and that other person...They killed it.  I don't even like those people.
Katy Perry's wedding video, so cute.
I was just so surprised and the whole show was just mind blowing.  And Pink didn't even perform this year.  Katy Perry did do a but of a throw back thought, not nearly as good.  This year also sadly lacked Stephen Colbert. That's about it.

Last year I only wrote one post during February, it was about the Grammy's.  I didn't write any because I was holed up in my bedroom watching the Olympics.  I miss them.
Sometime this week I'll post about the Olympics, because I didn't last year.  I suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment