Thursday, February 17, 2011

Devil Music

I've been wanting to write this post for awhile. Still haven't. Slightly scared to write it actually. So here it goes.
I love rock music. Of both Christian and non-Christian origins. I just do. I think the music, the lyrics are more important than what the singers believe. Sort of.
I listen to a lot of non-Christian music, because I love it. I don't think you should make rash decisions about a musician before you actually hear it. So many Christians do this, they write people off before they hear it.
I do for example, not listen to Death metal, because it's just way too dark and evil. I don't listen to most rap music because it's just awful, lyric wise and beat wise.
I listen to stuff that most wouldn't approve of, in the least. But it's great music.
I don't really care, I enter all music with an open mind..except death metal. I've heard way too much of that to ever like it.
I grew up on Southern Christian rock, lots of Third Day, Guardian and Big Tent Revival in my childhood.
I like screamo music. Some say it's not real music, or that the people making it are evil, satanic, and if their Christian, are not really Christians. Listening to it makes me feel edgy and cool. I kind of feel relaxed, but also pumped up. I don't think that make sense. I can't though listen to pure screamo, I need a singer. Such bands as, Underoath (before Aaron left) Alexisonfire(Yay Canada) and Emery(which is very high on my favourite lists) All three have 2 lead singers, a guy who screams and a guy who sings.
I listen to edgy music, that is, and I'll admit it, kind of crazy. But some of this is Christian music.
The main thing I'm trying to say is, that I listen to music that's "unconventional". I also listen to "devil music" lots of "devil music".
This is an extremely broad and controversial subject. I think I'm going to have to visit it a couple more times.

Well that was "fun"

I just found my Xanga, from when I was 13. I was a cool kid. I didn't know you could actually blog that bad. Now I'm trying to get into my piczo, sadly I don't think that's going to work. That makes me sad. I want to see how messed up I used to be. I'm getting pretty close now.

No comments:

Post a Comment