Monday, March 21, 2011

The Potluck

The event went preety great.  I made stew that didn't crash and burn, there was no soup, there were potato wedges with rosemary, the greatest herb ever.
The dessert were amzing, minus mine, which did crash and burn.  It tasted like soap.  For some reason No Name vanilla pudding when mixed with Coop Whip creates soap.  Disgusting.  Next time I'm getting all brand name.
I don't know if my mom got any pictures, but I know that Lauren got a few, so if she ever posts them on Facebook I'll have to steal some.
After lunch Jesse did card tricks (on a Sunday may I add).  We then sang 3 songs, we sing a lot.  Come there Fount of Every Blessing was one and A mIghty Fortress is our God was the other, the 3rd one I can't remembr right now.  It's kind of our thing, one of our things, we have a few.  Another is toally rocking at playing Mafia, and cheating at live action Clue.
Then almost everyone went and played the loudest game of spoons I have ever heard.  The word they were spelling was Beiber, it got heated.  I also know that there was some cheating. Goodness.  I played Blokus, and I lost.  Jesse tried to teach John how to do coin tricks.
Overly it went rather well.  And we get to get together again on Friday and so it again.

I have school tomorrow, and I slacked off, a lot over March Break

Why do I always say "goodness"?  Do I sound like an 85 year old woman?  Because that's how I hear myself.

9 comments:

  1. it was great fun. and I had nothing to do with picking the word to spell for our game of spoons. by the way that game of spoons wasn't all fair and square either there were three people sitting at one end of the table who.... well they were trading cards. don't get me wrong though it was a lot of fun, the whole afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually it was 4 people cheating....(kaitlyn, Sarah, me and Anna.) :D :D :D
    The spoons game was very fun though, especially with all the noise we made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you mentioned me in your blog!!! :D goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dessert was good. Andrew and I polished off a piece (left behind) when we got home from church. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. card tricks...... you know my thoughts on them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom chooses to remain anonymous.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll show you some more at youth group

    ReplyDelete
  8. i will want my information first.

    ReplyDelete