Saturday, March 5, 2011

Gary Bettman, my wonderful friend

Gary Bettman and I are not best friends, or friends.  He's not really someone I like.  That's kind of an understatement.  I really really don't like him.
Why?
He hates Canada, this is my own conclusion, from hearing him to interviews, reading interviews, watching him hate on Canada.  Every time I see him he just exudes dislike.  He even out ruded Steve Murphy, the rudest news person here.  I don't understand.  He was just bitter.
He refuses to shut down dead southern teams, that make no money, for a more economically sound Canadian Teams.  You could rip out the Pheonix team, and Atlanta.  You could then move those teams to Quebec City adn Winnipeg.  You would go from no one at all at the games to sold out game nearly every night.  It makes more sense.  He won't even hint, or think about teams up here.  I just don't get it.
Hockey is Canada's game.
Yet Gary Bettman has since his starting of the job of NHL comminsioner wanted to bring the game to an American Audience.  They just don't want to watch Hockey, BAseball is their pass time, they go crazy over Football, hockey, not much.  It's a futile quest.  They try so hard, only to fail every single time.
American in my eyes only cares about hockey during the olympics.  Thankfully we beat them last year, we never would hav elived that down.  We beat them on our soil and their soil.  But still they don't really care.
Gary Bettman is a American.  Why does a Canadian not hold the job of Commisioner of the Canadian sport?  I do not know.
Do you know what he did before becoming NHL commisioner?  HE worked with the NBA.  Yes the NBA, the National Basketball assiciation.  The NBA holds one Candian team, because we don't really care about basketball, like the American's don't care about hockey.  Under him the Quebec Nordics and the Winnipeg Jets moved,  while many franchises were established in Southern states.  The NBA, seriously?
I read in one of my back issues of Macleans, he had just received the job that he wanted to bring the game to America.  He wanted a bigger better NHL.  I think it was good the way it was.
Why don't you just give us another team?  Winnipeg's hopes go up everyday, and you keep crashing them down.
We always have the Olympics I guess.  Sometimes, depending on how we're feeling.
I do understand that 4 of the Original Six are American Teams, and only 2 were Canadian.  But still those were all northern teams, where ice can survive outside.
Gary Bettman and I are not friends, at all.
Ugh.
I don't think we'll ever be friends either.  If you're around when I'm watching Hockey Night in Canada I'm pretty livid sometimes.  Or if you're around when Gary Bettman appears, I knock it up a couple levels.  It's kind of bad.
I really need to talk about hockey more.
Toronto just lost, that's pretty great.
I like that Johnathan Toews name isn't pronounced anything like it's spelled.  Only in Canada.

I like Canadian spellings, I feel kind of warm inside when I see them.  Words like Honour, Neighbour.  I like the added "u"

No comments:

Post a Comment