Monday, March 7, 2011

The 83rd Academy Awards

The 83rd Academy Awards, 2011
The Oscars are my favourite award show.  It's the big show.  The feel like the only ones that matter.
James Franco was hosting this year, he played Daniel Dasario on Freaks and Geeks.  I like him.
Mandy Moore's red carpet dress was my favourite.  She was beautiful.
Christian Bale Won best supporting actor for the Fighter.  He was amazing in that movie, he crawled into the character's skin and you forgot who he was.  I knew it would go to him or Geoffry Rush.  But it came down to this, Rush's character was an eccentric Australian, which is what he is.  Christian Bale's character was a drug addicted American from Boston.  Christian Bale is a non-addicted Welsh actor, I think he deserved it more.   His speech was spot on and the ending was very sweet.

Kirk Douglas stole the show.  He's 92, he was extremly hard to understand but he was so funny.  When he said to Anne Hathaway, "Where were you when I was making pictures?  You're beautiful"  I melted.

The autotune musical section was hilarious. You can watch it here.

It always run long, and I'm used to it now.  I made bread.  
One of the last award handed out is Best Actor, Colin Firth relieved it. He deserved it, so badly.  His portrayal of King George V was breath taking.  His speech was also amazing, so Colin Firth-ish.  THE happy dance parts, so great.  If I ever win best actor I'll feel the same way.  His film the Kings Speech went on to win best picture .

I was really disappointed with Melissa Leo, well first off I wanted Amy Adams to win best supporting actress, I just felt she did a better job.  She also swore, I didn't like that.  I guess I didn't really want he to win at all.

Toy Story 3 won best Animated film, because really, who else could you give it to?  That movie just struck a cord.  I cried when I watched it.

I don't know what else I can say.  They were really good this year, I was impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment