Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Barbie Dream House.


The Barbie Dream House.  (Sadly mine lacks total pink, an elevator, or a kitchen that talks to me.)  Everyone has one, this is mine.  Sort of, I like multiple dormers better than just one.
I love, love, love the Craftsman style with the flared stone pillars and porches, with a porch swing,, it makes me feel cozy. 
The inside would have to have a separate dining, living and Kitchen, which would have to be a galley because I don't like cooking with people and need a stable work triangle.  I'd love a library with one of the ladders on wheels.  Also on the wish list a window seat in practically every room, I love them more than anything.  
I love old houses, with creaky floors and wood work and separate poky rooms, and dark halls and fires that smoke (Yes I was basically trying to quote Sense and Sensibility here without looking it up)  I also love living in the country, I didn't figure out how much I loved it until I moved here, now I never want to leave.  I want a garden and chickens and cows and pigs and of course sheep.  I'd absolutely love to be self sustained, as I am a strong anti-capitalist. Never having to buy meat, milk or produce (to an extent) being separate from "the man".  See how I slipped in some politics there?
Maybe some day I'll be living in this house, in the middle of nowhere, blogging about living there, from my library.
This is it, the place I dream of spending forever in.
See though, plans change, times change.  There could always be a nuclear fallout.
p.s.  The posting time is wrong on this.  I actually wrote it last night and then did set post time.  I meant to do it for 8:07 AM but instead I did 7:07 AM.  I was still asleep at 7:07 AM, I was for 20 minutes after that.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah but what will Ken think of all this? He would be, after all, "the man!"

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete