Wednesday, November 30, 2011

How do you say, "I’m going to stab you in the heart with my pen" in French? I have no idea.

Can we talk about the awful state of French education in this country.  I lived in New Brunswick, the only bilingual province, for 15 years of my life.  I still can't speak French.  I took French for 9 years, I can say Bonjour, and various other crap but I could not hold a conversation.  Much of my French education was focused on writing in French.  How on Earth is going to help me in life?  It isn't I could write a horrible French sentence but I couoldn't talk to someone in French.
The French education in this country needs to be more focused on conversation French, not on playing Bingo and making horrible posters.
It's a sham.
--------------
Did you know that the gold medal game from the 2010 Vancouver Olympics is online?  Well it is and you can watch (and cry) here.  There's no commentating though.  So no breathtaking Golden Goal call but still amazing.
This was one of the best moments of my life.
Just so you know I'm not a psycho...John Furlong said the title not me.

So I looked up the roster for the 2010 team and all the goaltenders are from Quebec...
--------------
Whoops I talked about hockey again, I was like, I'm not going to talk about hockey.  Then I did....

2 comments: