Thursday, December 2, 2010

Not so Awesome.

I don't believe in saying the word "Awesome".  A few months back my pastor brought up the fact that awesome should only be used to describe God, because he is the only true awesome thing.  Since that day I have been trying to cut it from my vobcabulary,.Which for me was near impossible, I kind of used it to describe everything!  Now whenever I see it writen, or typed, or hear it spoken I process it as a swear word, and cringe as I would for those words.  Goodness I hate swearing, but not as much as I dislike hearing God's name used in vain.  Ugh.  It ruins everything.
I've replaced awesome with such words as: Super cool, super duper cool, amazing(which is kind of iffy) Magnificent, wow, super great, totally cool, so great, incredible,impressive.
I just generally use super more.
When I slip up and say it I feel bad.  It's really hard, when you've had something locke din your brain, and way of speaking and then just quiting it.  Espeacially since the word is used all around me everyday.  Thi sis one of my own private battles.

p.s.   Yes, I did go to an online thesaurus for the synonyms

1 comment:

  1. ya I said awesome a lot before that to
    jesse

    ReplyDelete