Sunday, August 28, 2011

The time has come.

I am leaving for camp in 13 hours.  I am literally going insane.  I don't think I am going to sleep a minute tonight.  I hardly slept last night.
We have to leaver late this year because some hurricane named Irene thought it would be cool to come up this way.  I just think all these hurricanes want to come to camp because they've heard how amazing it is.  It's true, If I were a hurricane I would totally come. Everyone was swishing for another hurricane this year, and we got it.  At the other end of camp.  Good job everyone. I have been to camp during 3 different hurricanes.  Katrina, Earl and Irene.
Being at camp during Katrina was really hard and crazy.  Every night the minister would bring in news about what was happening but we couldn't see what was actually happening.  I didn't see the devastation until I came back.   We were completely cut off.  We knew that the gulf coast of the US was devastated and lots of people had died but we were still at camp and were having fun.  It was really odd. We prayed a lot. The weather was really bad I remember that, it rained almost everyday.
One good thing about leaving for camp 5 hours later is that we can kind of sleep in and, we're not leaving at 5 in the morning.  Crazyness.
I need to get this show on the road.  Camp is tomorrow!
I am pretty sure that this is going to be my last post for this week, so no blogging while I am away.  I might write tomorrow but I don't think I will.
Here's my favourite picture from camp last year.  And this is my post about camp from last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment