Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Uber Chocolate

I like the word Uber too much.
Last night I wanted to make double chocolate cookies but the only recipe we had required chilling the dough for 4 hours, at 9 at night that was not going to happen.  I then decided to create my own recipe.  And I'm here to share it with you.
I'm going to tell you straight up, the dough tastes pretty crappy because of the cocoa.  And they don't taste amazing straight out of the oven, but you let them cool and they taste pretty great if I do say so myself.  Also the dough is super thick.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups margarine at room temperature
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. and a bit white sugar
2 eggs
some vanilla*
some salt*
2 1/3 c. flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
4 tablespoons cocoa
6 teaspoons milk
2 cups chocolate chips
* I never ever measure these 2 things so do what you think feels right. About a inner palm covering of salt...?  Like cup your hand and put a little salt in the inner space...

Method:
-cream the margarine and sugars
- beat in the eggs
-add the vanilla and salt
-start adding the flour in small batches, mixing in good before adding next.
- add a couple teaspoons of milk to make mixing easier.
-beat in Baking powder.
-Add cocoa, mixing milk in to, as to make mixing easier.
-Stir in chocolate chips using a wooden spoon or a spatula.
-measure out cookies using heaping teaspoons, like the ones you use to eat, onto a cookie sheet.  Press the mounds down a bit to make them flatter.
-bake @ 350 F for 8-10 minutes.  Whn the are set and the bottoms are kind of brown, and a fork stuff in the middle doesn't come out wet.

I made 31 cookies...odd number, but some where kind of small.

I hope you like them.

I type this whole post in proper type form with the my fingere on the bumps and everything....I know I'm strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment