Saturday, June 18, 2011

When scooter and the big man bust this city in half

This Big Man died today, Clarence Clemons, Springsteen's sax player.   My heart is actually crying right now.
You don't know celebrities but when they die you still feel a sense of lost.  His playing was the best part of Springsteen's music after the lyrics.  Their banter on stage, his hugeness.  I'm going to miss him.
Springsteen can't make another album now, or tour.  It just won't be the same, not with out The Big Man.  Yes I know this means I'll never get t see Springsteen live.

"When the change was made uptown
And the big man joined the band
From the coastline to the city
All the little pretties raise their hands
Im gonna sit back right easy and laugh
When scooter and the big man bust this city in half
With a tenth avenue freeze-out, tenth avenue freeze-out
Tenth avenue freeze-out"

.-Tenth Avenue Freeze Out.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a huge fan of Clarence Clemons, and I saw a concert not too long ago. But it was after his death. I almost cried when his nephew got on stage and played the famous solo to thunder road. After, everyone cheered. I miss you Big Man!!!

    ReplyDelete