Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day Twenty-five

Day 25: A recipe.
This is my go to desert, I love it so much.  I make it almost every Wednesday.  

Ingredients

1 cup all-purpose flour

  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  •  enough milk to make a smooth batter milk
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 3/4 cups hot water
  • 1 pint vanilla ice cream

  • Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In ungreased 9 x 9 inch square pan stir together flour, sugar, 4 Tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt. Mix in milk, oil, and vanilla with wooden spoon until smooth.
  3. Spread evenly in pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa. Pour hot water over batter. Bake 40 minutes.
  4. Let stand 15 minutes.
We get 6 huge servings from it.
----------------
I've decided that Alice Cooper is the coolest living person on this planet.  This interview is amazing and is one of many that he has given when he has blatantly discussed his faith. ( I just particularly like this one because George is asking the questions.)
These are some of my favourite quotes from his IMDb page.


"I have never made fun of religion. Religion is something I don't even want to mess with, because I am really afraid of the clouds opening up and my being struck by lightning. Satanism is something else I don't mess with. I think that the heavy metal bands that do are playing with fire. I have never influenced people in a negative way, and I'm not about to start now.".


"He took a girl's name as his first and wears a hell of a lot of makeup. I wish I'd thought of doing that."  On Marilyn Manson( who I don't like a bit, his hands are creepy).

No comments:

Post a Comment