Thursday, June 14, 2012

Talking Pictures


I was watching this video and suddenly a thought hit me.  This thought was, future generations are not going to be able to do this with my generation, there's not going to be pictures of my generation left behind.  Digital photography has taken over, there are vast stores of pictures filed away on computers but no physical pictures on paper that you can hold.  My parents are huge photographers, we have thousands of pictures and dozens of photo albums, but when Josiah was about 3 and I was 10 the photo albums stop.  Josiah says, "You only have pictures of me as a baby." In the future are hipsters going to be resurrecting old hard drives to find the pictures we leave behind?  Or are there just going to be so many pictures that they bear no emotional value?

No comments:

Post a Comment