Saturday, July 23, 2011

Why I'm Straight Edge

I decided to become straight edge when I was 14, It was kind of a long complicated process.  Every time I think about it I visualize this back creepy 3rd floor hallway of my high school, no idea why.
So why did I make this choice?  It all comes down to a family I knew back in Moncton.  They had a way too casual outlook at drinking for Christians.  I just wanted to completely distance myself from them, not drinking was one of those ways.
I feel that you can have a good time with out drinking. ( this is making me think of Milly from Freaks and Geeks)  I can find no good reason to drink.  Energy drinks get the same opinion from me.
Straight edge covers no alcohol, no drugs, no smoking, sometimes no sex.
Becoming straight edge was a choice that just made sense to me.  I do realize that I am still under the legal drinking age.  A lot of punk kids will say their straight edge till they turn 19 or 21 but I fully intend to stay until I die.
"I prefer to get high on life." -Milly from Freaks and Geeks
I do have a mild addiction to iced tea though.

No comments:

Post a Comment