Monday, November 16, 2009

On Christmas

I'm currently addicted to Bejeweled right now, it's a problem.
Hedley's on the radio right now, I quite like Hedley, I also enjoy how Much Music blurs Jacob practically from head-to-toe when they have him around.
I put the Christmas tree up last Wednesday. I've been fidgeting with it since then, I'm a bit anal about the Christmas tree. I love Christmas, it's my favorite holiday, I don't do Halloween, Easter's surrounded by church, which is cool, and well Canada has no other holiday's that are super important( we could basically care less about Thanksgiving, no Black Friday for us) I love the perfect balance of God and family at Christmas. We don't do Santa, never have, never will(I personally think that it's the stupidest thing ever, lying to your children, seriously? I was one of those mean kids who told people Santa wasn't real) We affectionately call him Pagan-Clause around here. My family has an intense amount of traditions. ( is it too early for me to be writing a Christmas post?)
December 23rd is Grandpa's birthday so our family gathers at their apartment for cake and pre-Christmas excitement.( Miracle on 34th street is always on that night and I almost always miss it, It's one of my absolute favorites, I don't know why..I hate Santa)
Christmas Eve we go to my Nannies and Papa's for Santa bags( stockings basically, but in a bag.... full of socks, pens, lip gloss, useless cool junk) followed by opening our big presents and the boys building things out of Lego while us girls, there's only 3 of us, usually play a game or something/ Then we eat, lobster rolls and chicken nuggets and fries to be exact( maybe the best part of Christmas.) My family either goes to church before or after this.
Christmas day goes as follows, us children wake up, stay restlessly in bed until seven thirty then go wake mum and dad up, our chatters usually already woken them up. We sit even more restlessly by the tree waiting to open our stockings, we open them, bursting with energy. Screaming :look what I GOT!!!!" THANK YOU MUM, THANK YOU DAD!!!!" it goes like that. then we one by one open our presents(I go very slowly as to savour the moments) more thanking. We don't write lists, we suggest but Mom and Dad always surprise us with our presents, we never get what we ask for, We never have, but we always love what we get. I've never felt greedy or demanding around Christmas, I don't have a mile long list that needs to be filled. We've never gotten, Wii's PlayStation's, computers, or cameras, I like it this way, It makes me feel special.
Then we clean up and Grandma and Grandpa come over( dad's parents) we open presents, then we have a massive breakfast, with chocolate milk.
Later that day, at fluctuating times( depends on the year) we go back to Nannies and Papa's for Christmas dinner, followed by chocolate, cherry cheesecake, peanut butter balls, shortbread cookies.
Christmas night is movie night, we watch a Christmas movie or a new movie we got.
Boxing Day is Dad's family day. We gather eat, laugh, laugh, laugh. I love it,
Since we moved our schedule is a little out of whack. We have our Christmas morning a couple day's earlier. We spend time with the Carter's. It's still Christmas though. I'm smiling writing this :)
I'm going to write a run through of our favorite Christmas movies soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment