Thursday, August 13, 2009

Jem and the Holograms

Jem is my 80's cartoon obsession, thanks to Lindsey who got me hooked. I'm half way through the first season out of 4. Man I love it, even though it's completely stupid, and has crazy drama and Rios hair is purple? What? Still haven't figured that one out. Its truly truly outrageous. My mom can't stand it, my dad just hates all 80's pop music. After watching the first episode, which I admit is a bit um... over drawn mom said " that was the most painful 20 minutes of my life. Still it's really fun. I want all of their awesome 80's clothes, and to do my make-up like them.

Okay so the show focuses around a band called, you guessed it Jem and the Holograms. Jem is really Jerrica Benton owner of starlight house and starlight music who has a hologram cast over her to become Jem. Oh ya, and her boyfriend Rio( purple hair) loves her and Jem. Then theres a rival band who wants nothing better tan to finish off Jem and the Holograms called the Misfits( ya, even though there was already The Misfits were around when the show was created)
Jem and the Holograms=
Jem lead vocals
Shana Elmsford drums
Kimber Benton piano
Aja Leith either guitar or bass
I guess Carmen "Raya" Alonso is added later


I'm a Jem and girl and I've never been the same


1 comment:

  1. Hahahahahahahahahahaha, I love you. This is absolutely fantastic.
    And outrageous pictures, by the way. (;
    This rocks.
    And you're welcome.

    ReplyDelete